Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Favorite Things

Keri posted this idea on her blog and I thought it was so much fun to read that I would do it too. The only problem: how do you pick just 10?

1. Drinking coffee. I LOVE coffee. It's the best for me if it's got a little bit of Flavored Creamer, but I still love a good Starbucks with a little half&half and sprinkle of vanilla (where can you buy that stuff) and cinnamon. I don't really drink it for the caffeine aspect like some people; it's just so warm and wonderful and good.

2. Going out to eat. The Cheesecake Factory is my all-time favorite restaurant. I've gone there for almost every birthday since I was 18, but I like to go out to eat for breakfast just as much. I think it's because I do pretty much all the cooking around here that it's a nice treat to not have to.

3. My job. I absolutely love my job at Babygap. It's so much fun to help people pick out cute outfits (I live vicariously through them while on the Dave Ramsey Plan), and I work with wonderful people. I also cannot deny that I'd miss the discount horribly. I just got a $90 coat at Old Navy for $33 thanks to said discount!

4. My favorite shows. LOST (one of the first things I said when I found out my due date is in February was "oh no! That's when LOST premiers! What if I miss it?"), American Idol, The Biggest Loser, Top Chef, and of course, The Office.

5. Perfume. I'm a perfume-aholic. I love spraying on new scents and I get excited to walk through Dillards (teasing the hyper salesladies ready to pounce on me like perfume selling vultures) on my way to work to try out a new fragrance.

6. Scented Candles. I wish I could fill my whole house with them and that they weren't so pricey.

7. Gum. I love gum! I'm so jealous of the biggest loser contestants because they have baskets of gum all around the house.

8. Mix 93.3 It's our pop station. I love pop music. It makes me happy. Someday Addison's going to complain that I'm too old to like the music she likes, but for now, I enjoy looking back at Celia and Addison in their carseats rocking back and forth to Rhianna.

9. Coupons. My mom used to clip coupons and take them to the commissary and then show us how much she saved. She definitely passed that on to me, but little did she know I'd turn into a coupon clipping freak! I love a deal...

10. Ice Cream. It's one thing that always goes in the grocery cart. I'm not picky about the brand (that Hy-vee brand is actually pretty dang good), but Devin and I have got to have our ice cream. I like it with tons of stuff either mixed in or on top (or both) ESPECIALLY cool-whip! Or that super delicious wonderful chocolate shell! Yumm-O!

I added one more:
11. Bubble Baths. Our tub is sort of small, but someday I'd love to have one of those gigantic ones, with JETS! They're not as relaxing when your 2 year old insists on climbing in with you and you have to try to read your magazine while getting splashed, avoid sitting on a plastic duck, and explain what breasts are (I just point to her little nipples and say "Look! You've got some too!...that seems to work for now).

What are your top 10 or 11 faves?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe you talked about nipples on your blog....

Marie said...

Amanda, after all these years I'm glad I can still surprise you!

(big toothy grin)