Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm going to do it!

I'm going to make my own pie crust. I've never done this before. I usually use Pillsbury, but whenever I try to prebake with those things, they flop over. So I'm going to give it a whirl. This is a big deal for someone who is as competitive as I am. I can't just make a dessert. IT HAS TO BE THE BEST DESSERT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! We're not even talking about anyone who will really notice (my parents, my brother, Devin and Addison). Wish me luck on my venture. I don't bake stuff that much.

Here are the tips I've gathered thus far:

Keep everything really, really cold
Don't over work the dough
Work fast

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Target has pecans for only 2.33 for a 8 oz. bag of chopped ones. That's pretty dang cheap. Cheaper than Aldi. Just thought you might want to know!

5 comments:

H.E.A. said...

Tip - Don't stress about it, cause no matter what happens...someone will eat it! :) Good luck!!

annaO said...

Marie--

I'm about to reveal something incredibly embarrassing. I make pie crust all the time. That's not the embarrassing part. I make JUST the crust, not the whole pie. I make it and cover it in cinnamon sugar and bake it and just eat the whole thing. By myself. That's like an entire cup of flour and some other things in one sitting. alone. goo!
Anyway, it's really easy. Don't stress.

Erica said...

Marie I was thinking about your pie adventures today when I was rolling out my own pie crust. I'm sure you'll do great, I think people have played up the whole pie crust thing. Happy Pie Making.

Marie said...

It was so easy! I don't know what the big deal was. Online at allrecipes.com they were making it seem like it was rocket science.

It turned out really well. I would have been happier if I had made the edges a little prettier, but there's always next time!

Alisha said...

How fun! Was it a pecan pie? Yum yum... have a great Thanksgiving!