Friday, May 8, 2009

Salmonella anyone?

We were in line at Hy-vee last night and Addison picked up a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and licked them! Gross! She's been licking lots of things lately: the mirror at the store (which used to drive me crazy when I worked at Banana Republic. "What kind of parent lets their kid lick a mirror?" I once muttered), my parents' screen door, and now raw chicken. Blagh.

Anyway, she is acting more like a little girl and less like a toddler these days. We were on our way to the park and she said "I'm, like, so tired!"

Yesterday I was busy putting my sweaters and maternity clothes in plastic bins and getting out my spring and summer clothes. Addison stayed busy by throwing a little tea party for her stuffed animals (in the bathroom). I heard her running up and down the stairs, retrieving everything she needed. When I walked in the room this is what I saw





























So cute!

I have to give a shout out to my friends Julia Golden and Dan Triman, who are now engaged! I've known Dan for almost 10 years and Julia is a wonderful, wonderful person. I love them both dearly and am so excited for them!



3 comments:

Michele said...

well, if she was, like, really tired i hope, like, that she, like, doesn't start saying, like, in every, like, sentence, like, another girl i, like, know did. i'm sure addison won't be succumbing to this annoying pause-in-speech-habit. when it was my daughter, who was a teen, i would pinch her when she interjected the word, 'like' until she ceased this annoying habit. of course, i wouldn't recommend this for precious addy. her little park comment was far too cute.

go dan. fun news.

TerraGold said...

WE MADE THE BLOG!!!! I have to tell you it was a little unsettling to do my normal stalking of your life and find us there! But way cool! thanks for the shout out. Dan says to send you some links to our Picasa--and we'll be sure to send pics of our Alaska adventure too..just hope not too many close ups of the bears (I dont want to get too close)

I love that Addison shared her pizza so nicely with the animals. I hope we can convince her to throw another tea party when we see you next time.

Anonymous said...

Gross on those chicken breasts... ha!!

Just a reminder, the celebration has begun! Jeni's shower kicks off today with an awesome interview. Walk on over to Rena's at the beach and relax as we get to know Jeni even better. You can start by posting this link in your browser http://www.insertgracehere.com/2009/05/interview-with-a-friend-jeni-friend/comment-page-1/#comment-866, then remember to stop by my little café here: http://www.insertgracehere.com/2009/05/interview-with-a-friend-jeni-friend/comment-page-1/#comment-866 to join our linky party with your post and gifts.

If that's not enough, check here for more details: http://heresmycuplord.com/2009/05/01/its-your-day-jenifriend/

We truly do hope to see you there. The more the merrier, as we shower her with gifts!

Rena, Ginger, and all of her bloggyfriends!