Tuesday, July 13, 2010

For Rach, From Ainsley

Dear Aunt Rachel,
Your life might change a lot when you have one of me.
I sure do like to get into stuff. I like to climb too.

















I also make a big fat mess when I eat. My mom thinks cleaning spaghetti sauce out of the carpet is a real pain in the...well...you know...


































Your house might look a little different after you have one of me. My mom spent the whole day cleaning the house yesterday, but now it looks like this:


















But my mom doesn't get too stressed. She knows a fun day of playing with my sister and me was worth it.

My mom wanted to me to tell you that she's sorry she had to cut your conversation short earlier this afternoon. My sister locked our keys in the car at the mall and my mom had to call roadside assistance. Sometimes those kinds of things happen when you have a couple of me. Don't tell her I told you, but these kinds of things happen to my mom more than other moms. She is a little scatterbrained...

I am really not trying to scare you, Aunt Rachel. I might make my mom a little crazy sometimes, but I make her laugh a lot too. In fact, I think I make her laugh and smile more than I make her crazy. My sister makes her smile too. My mom thinks we are worth the messes, roadside assistance, and the spaghetti sauce stains. She thinks having kids really does change everything, but it teaches you how to love in a way you never thought was possible.

I think you are going to be a very good mom too, Aunt Rachel, and my mom wanted me to tell you that you can call her whenever you need some encouragement along the journey.

Love,
Ainsley

5 comments:

TerraGold said...

Ainsley! You are so verbose! love this post :)

Steve, Amanda, Kyle , Owen, and Madilyn said...

What a cute little letter to your Aunt. So precious! And congrats to your sister.

Amanda said...

Sweet little Ainsley! If it makes you feel any better, Bradley calmed down a lot around his second birthday. He is still just as hilarious...just not as messy.

I can't believe Rach is getting so close! Wow!

Krista said...

Such a cute letter! Ainsley can already write as good as her mama :)

Rachel said...

Now that's just too cute!!!! Thanks Marie! I'm so thankful to have a wonderful and encouraging friend like you!!!!!!! I will certainly be ready to see this little babe, whenever he/she decides to come ;) And I'll be so excited for the day that you get to see this babe as well!

I'm definitely in better spirits now that I'm home! Thanks for just talking to me the other day. It made being in the hospital not quite as bad ;)

Love you!