Monday, October 12, 2009

A little tip

This kind of a no-brainer, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I have a pair of slouchy brown suede boots that are my FAVORITE boots to wear. They look really cute with tights and a skirt, jeans, cords, everything. I bought them two years ago at DSW for only around $30 or so. After being used as "snow boots" a couple winters ago (I'm an idiot) and out and around town last year they took a pretty harsh beating. A lot of the dye had worn off and they were generally in bad shape. I figured I'd just have to shell out the $$ for a new pair. Kelly paid me to watch Elise for a couple of days so I thought I'd use the money for new boots. The problem was there were so many other things I needed that money for and new boots were low on the financial totem pole. Plus I really, really liked them! Slouchy boots are really popular this season and they're so comfy! I hated the idea of throwing them out.

Then I remembered how obsessed I am with shoe repair places. I go there all the time! When my favorite strappy sandals from Italy broke I got them repaired. I even had the heels shortened on my cowboy boots because I was pregnant and they were too tall. I took my poor distressed boots to a place nearby and $10 later they were looking awesome! They don't look brand new, but pretty darn close. Anyway that's my tip for you guys. Kind of lame, but hopefully helpful. That's what I'm here for.


















Do you like my new blog look? I was supposed to be googling stuff on Old Testament Prayer for our small group, but I spent two hours re-doing my blog. BAD! That scrapblog is one big black hole....

3 comments:

Em said...

Yes, Scrapblog will suck you in very easily, won't it? And I love the new blog look! I think the shoe tip is a great one! I'd never think to take and old worn pair someplace like that! Thanks!

ps. I'm super sad you can't make it to the pumpkin party. My mom is really devastated, too. You can't sneak away for an hour or two? :)

TheBorman5 Plus1 said...

Love the new colors of your blog! The hubby always takes his work boots in to be fixed, yet I never thought to take in my (non-military)shoes. Thank for the tip!

Anonymous said...

love the new blog look! and i love the idea of having shoes repaired...i can't believe i've never had this done!!